Sunday, March 6, 2011

30 Day Vegan Day 0

Today is my set up day for my 30 Day Vegan Whole Foods Cleanse.  I made my trip to Whole Foods to stock up on fresh fruit and veggies, dried beans, and soy milk and yogurt.  My pantry is set up and labeled and ready to go. I'm ready to do this!

Two of the books that I love and plan on using heavily for this month are Feeding the Whole Family by Cynthia Lair and Flying Apron's Gluten Free and Vegan Baking Book by Jennifer Katzinger.  Feeding the Whole Family has great basic techniques on how to cook basic beans and grains as well as recipes that incorporate them that are vegetarian and non-vegetarian.  It also has modifications in the recipes to make them appealing and safe for babies and toddlers.  The Flying Apron cookbook is a great resource as well because all of the recipes are already vegan and gluten-free.  While we aren't a gluten-free household, we live with my Mom who has a gluten sensitivity so we've used several recipes from this book already.  The basic bread recipe makes an amazing pizza crust that my kids love!

Over the course of this month, I plan on sharing my meals (both hits and misses), my challenges and my victories. As Heather says, this isn't about taking away, it's about nourishing our bodies.  I do plan on staying mainly vegan but eating salmon once or twice during the month.  Thanks for joining the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment